Equipped to Preach the Word
Morling College is committed to equipping men and women to powerfully preach God’s Word. Students at all levels of experience can access a full range of hands-on homiletics courses, delivered by a teaching faculty of recognised preacher/pastors. These courses are augmented by regular preaching skills workshops, various Masters intensives, the Morling Preaching Conference, and regular Preaching Skills Days. Morling also offers a Preaching Internship to suitable candidates.
Key values include :
- Making clear the relevance and power of God’s Word
- Impressing the urgent need for passionate and committed preaching of the gospel
- Expecting the gospel of Jesus to change lives
- Understanding audiences and the power of communication
- Learning practical methods which make a lasting impact
- Coaching the developing gifts of individual trainee preachers
- Dependence on the sovereign work of God’s Spirit.
Classes in Homiletics
- Principles of Hermeneutics (on campus or online, semester one) — focusing on the interpretation and application of the different genres found in Scripture
- Introductory Preaching (on campus or online, semester two and summer school 2017) — grounding in basic preaching practice
- Advanced Preaching (on campus, semester one; online from 2018) — exploring various preaching methodologies; refining skills and developing a personal style
Preacher training at Morling focuses on the student. Provisions are made for individualised coaching and for long-term strategies designed to support developing preachers through their college years and beyond into various ministry settings.